Developmental Biology 11th ed
by Scott F. Gilbert
A classic gets a new coauthor and a new approach: *Developmental Biology*, Eleventh Edition, keeps the excellent writing, accuracy, and enthusiasm of the Gilbert *Developmental Biology* book, streamlines it, adds innovative electronic supplements, and creates a new textbook for those teaching Developmental Biology to a new generation.
Several new modes of teaching are employed in the new Gilbert and Barresi textbook. The videos explaining development–as well as those from Mary Tyler’s *Vade Mecum*–are referenced throughout the book, and several other valuable new elements have been added.
**Additional updates include:**
* An increased emphasis on stem cells, which are covered extensively and early in the book.
* Sex determination and gametogenesis, instead of being near the end of the volume, are up front, prior to fertilization.
* Greatly expanded coverage of neural development, comprising a unit unto itself.
* Coverage of new experiments on morphogenesis and differentiation, as well as new techniques such as CRISPR.
Significantly enhanced for the eleventh edition, and referenced throughout the textbook, the *Developmental Biology *Companion Website provides students with a range of engaging resources, in the following categories:
* *******NEW***** Dev Tutorials: **Professionally produced video tutorials, presented by the textbook’s authors, reinforces key concepts.
* *******NEW***** Watch Development: **Putting concepts into action, these informative videos show real-life developmental biology processes.
* **Web Topics: **These extensive topics provide more information for advanced students, historical, philosophical, and ethical perspectives on issues in developmental biology, and links to additional online resources.
* *******NEW***** Scientists Speak:** In these question-and-answer interviews, developmental biology topics are explored by leading experts in the field.
* Plus the** full bibliography of literature** cited in the textbook (most linked to their PubMed citations).
**DevBio Laboratory: Vade Mecum3**
Included with each new copy of the textbook, *Vade Mecum3* is an interactive website that helps students understand the organisms discussed in the course, and prepare them for the lab. The site includes videos of developmental processes and laboratory techniques, and has chapters on the following organisms: slime mold (*Dictyostelium discoideum*), planarian, sea urchin, fruit fly (*Drosophila*), chick, and amphibian.
** Instructor’s Resource Library** (available to qualified adopters)
The *Developmental Biology*, Eleventh Edition, Instructor’s Resource Library includes the following resources:
* *******NEW***** Developing Questions: **Answers, references, and recommendations for further reading are provided so that you and your students can explore the Developing Questions that are posed throughout each chapter.
* **Textbook Figures & Tables: **All of the textbook’s figures, photos, and tables are provided both in JPEG (high- and low-resolution) and PowerPoint formats. All images have been optimized for excellent legibility when projected in the classroom.
* **Video Collection: **Includes video segments depicting a wide range of developmental processes, plus segments from *DevBio Laborator*y: *Vade Mecum3*, and *Differential Experessions2*.
* **Vade Mecum3 PowerPoints:** Chick serial sections and whole mounts, provided in both labeled and unlabeled versions, for use in creating quizzes, exams, or in-class exercises.
* *******NEW***** Case Studies in Dev Bio: **This new collection of case study problems accompanies the Dev Tutorials and provides instructors with ready-to-use in-class active learning exercises. The case studies foster deep learning in developmental biology by providing students an opportunity to apply course content to the critical analysis of data, to generate hypotheses, and to solve novel problems in the field. Each case study includes a PowerPoint presentation and a student handout with accompanying questions.
* **Developmental Biology: ***A Guide for Experimental Study*, Third Edition, by Mary S. Tyler: The complete lab manual, in High-Quality format.
Textbooks are a great and affordable price! Will definitely buy again.
LOVe the free textbook offer
I sent a link to my classmates and was able to get my textbook for free. I wasn’t sure at first but thankful and happy I tried. I got to download the book immediately .
This Site is a Great Find for online books
I was skeptic at first due to the amazing price but ordered my first book. As soon as I completed my purchase the link was right there to download my book. Great quality and I will be checking back for more books in the future!
This Was A Great FInd
We all know textbooks are overpriced, and I was ecstatic over finding this book at this price.
Was searching the entire Internet, but finally got it for the best price.
Thank you so much bookpanthers, I got my text book for the best price on internet. And even the best thing is i got a coupon for sharing the link, across my class to get a free text book. With the help of this website, i am way to go with my subject.