Gender Matters in Global Politics: A Feminist Introduction to International Relations 2nd ed
by Laura J. Shepherd
Fully revised and updated, this second edition of *Gender Matters in Global Politics* is a comprehensive textbook for advanced undergraduates studying feminism & international relations, gender and global politics and similar courses. It provides students with an accessible but in-depth account of the most significant theories, methodologies, debates and issues.
This textbook is written by an international line-up of established and emerging scholars from a range of theoretical perspectives, and brings together cutting-edge feminist scholarship in a variety of issue areas.
Key features and benefits of the book:
* Introduces students to the wide variety of feminist and gender theory and explains the relevance to contemporary global politics
* Explains the insights of feminist theory for a range of other disciplines including international relations, international political economy and security studies
* Addresses a large number of key contemporary issues such as human rights, trafficking, rape as a tool of war, peacekeeping and state-building, terrorism and environmental politics
* Features detailed pedagogical tools and resources seminar exercises, text boxes, photographs, suggestions for further reading, web resources and a glossary of key terms
* New chapters on – Environmental politics and ecology; War; Terrorism and political violence; Land, food and water; International legal institutions; Peacebuilding institutions and post-conflict reconstruction; Citizenship; Art, aesthetics and emotionality; and New social media and global resistance.
This text enables students to develop a sophisticated understanding of the work that gender does in policies and practices of global politics.
Excellent for teaching International Relations –and not just courses that are dedicated to gender or feminist IR. Nicely updated, the broad range of topics provides numerous entry points to the puzzles of our time and to the gender relations that mediate international relations. *Christine Sylvester, University of Connecticut and Gothenburg University.*
### About the Author
Laura J. Shepherd is Associate Professor and Deputy Head of School, University of New South Wales, Australia. She teaches and researches in the areas of gender politics, international relations and critical security studies.** **
My girl came through and showed me this website. Was really sus about it, but this website is legit. The price is amazing because ya boy is a broke college student. Overall legit business
Great EBook Deal
This is a great price for the book in electronic format. I paid more through Google books, and was only given single page by page view access only and they didn’t advertise it as that. So not cool.
Wish I would have found this sooner..
Thanks again this is awesome and is a great deal!!!!!
Suspicious price, Trustworthy content
After not being able to find the book for free ANYWHERE I had to result to purchasing online. The price for the online book on this website was cheaper than any others, and I was suspicious I would be scammed because of that. I decided to trust the reviews and purchased. Got the download I was promised in full! Thank you for not breaking the bank for this college student <3
GREAT BOOK -- GREAT SERVICE
THANK YOU. Upon cursory examination, I am thrilled with the book. You people are great. Now I don’t have to type out everything — and it is very readable. I am so glad I cancelled my other order — book was very costly — and was going to take 3 weeks to get. Yet here you are, and you gave it to me quickly, conveniently — “right now!” WOW. I will certainly remember you. Thank you so much.
It Does Really Work
I found this site and I was going to purchase the book when I saw the program to get it for free. I copy the link, email all my classmates on canvas, took a screen picture, and sent it to them, next morning I received the code and I applied to the cart and I got my pdf download. It’s real and the pdf is real and it works, all pages opened. Thank you so much!!!