Perspectives on International Relations: Power, Institutions, and Ideas 5th ed
by Henry R. Nau
Even in the best of times, political debate about world events is rife with polarizing disagreement. In an increasingly wired world, how can we help students separate fact from opinion, to parse arguments and apply reasoned analysis? With its even-handed presentation of realism, liberalism, constructivism, and critical theory and comprehensive coverage of all of the major concepts in IR,* Perspectives on International Relations* gives students the set of analytical tools they need to become effective readers and thinkers about the worlds most urgent issues.
#### Making sense of todays world events means being able to read beyond the headlines.
*Perspectives on International Relations* combines comprehensive coverage with class-tested, fully integrated critical thinking pedagogy to teach students how to “read between the lines.”
These are features your students wont skip?theyre too useful and engaging:
* “Using the Perspectives to Read Between the Lines” boxes model critical reading, showing students how to identify and think through the viewpoints playing out in contemporary debates;
* “Perspectives and Levels of Analysis” tables help students track the ways each perspective interprets events from the individual, domestic, and systemic levels;
* “Parallel Timelines” exhibit how the perspectives preference different events, from the origins of WWI to the current era;
* “Spotlight” icons highlight when key concepts in IR (e.g., alliances, anarchy, balance of power) are at work in historical or contemporary cases;
* “Causal Arrow” icons point to when a perspective is emphasized over others in explaining the cause of an event; and
* A marginal glossary defines every key term in the book.
#### Whats New?
The books distinctive approach has been sharpened, with refined discussion of the major viewpoints in IR. Chapters have been streamlined so that key points are crystal clear. Every chapter has been fully updated and features the latest in world affairs and advancements in scholarship with:
* coverage of the global financial crisis, explaining in straightforward terms the operation of global debt, derivatives, and currency markets, as well as the interconnection of domestic, trade, and investment policies;
* closer examination of new dynamics in ethnic conflict and terrorism;
* a look at the contrast between the foreign policy orientations of the George W. Bush and Obama administrations;
* discussion of the debate surrounding the Millennium Development Goals and the latest findings related to global governance, climate change, and population movements;
* deeper analysis of international institutional changes, such as the G-20 summits and the redistribution of voting rights in international economic institutions; and
* new insights on human rights, including womens rights in Muslim countries and the growing role of NGOs in holding repressive regimes accountable.
#### What Remains the Same?
The books value price. With a suggested retail price of $76.95, Nau costs your students $20 to $80 less than the leading competitors?without skimping on coverage, currency, content, or ancillaries.
Textbooks are a great and affordable price! Will definitely buy again.
LOVe the free textbook offer
I sent a link to my classmates and was able to get my textbook for free. I wasn’t sure at first but thankful and happy I tried. I got to download the book immediately .
This Site is a Great Find for online books
I was skeptic at first due to the amazing price but ordered my first book. As soon as I completed my purchase the link was right there to download my book. Great quality and I will be checking back for more books in the future!
This Was A Great FInd
We all know textbooks are overpriced, and I was ecstatic over finding this book at this price.
Was searching the entire Internet, but finally got it for the best price.
Thank you so much bookpanthers, I got my text book for the best price on internet. And even the best thing is i got a coupon for sharing the link, across my class to get a free text book. With the help of this website, i am way to go with my subject.