Pharmacology: Principles and Applications 3rd ed
by Eugenia M. Fulcher & Robert M. Fulcher & Cathy Dubeansky Soto
Comprehensive yet easy to read, **Pharmacology: Principles and Applications, 3rd Edition** introduces you to basic pharmacology, showing how to apply principles to the kinds of clinical situations you will encounter on the job. You’ll learn how different drugs work in the body, how to calculate drug dosages, drug administration routes and procedures, the medications related to disorders in each body system, and much more. Written by expert authors Eugenia M. Fulcher, Robert M. Fulcher, and Cathy Dubeansky Soto, **Pharmacology** ensures that you master all of the pharmacology competencies required by CAAHEP and ABHES. In the book and on a companion Evolve website, a variety of exercises helps you strengthen your skills in math, dosage calculation, and critical thinking.
* **Practical coverage of basic pharmacology** provides a thorough understanding of the medications most commonly used in ambulatory and inpatient settings.
* **A real-life *Scenario*** starts each chapter with thought-provoking questions to consider as you progress through the material.
* ***Procedures* boxes** provide step-by-step guidance for drug calculation and administration, accompanied by numerous illustrations and icons that identify OSHA-mandated protocols.
* ***Common Signs & Symptoms of Diseases* and *Common Side Effects of Medications* lists** in each body system chapter help you distinguish between disease progression and medication reactions.
* **Body systems icons** highlight the ways that specific drugs affect a particular body system.
* **Chapter objectives and key words** at the beginning of each chapter help you focus your study efforts.
* ***Check Your Understanding* math review sections** enable you to assess your knowledge of application and calculation concepts.
* ***Critical Thinking* exercises** challenge you to apply what you’ve learned to a variety of realistic situations.
* ***Important Facts* and* Clinical Tips* boxes** in each chapter highlight the key concepts for practice.
* ***Patient Education for Compliance* boxes** help you communicate more effectively with patients about possible side effects or adverse reactions.
* **Summary tables** are more concise and easier to follow.
* **New calculations exercises and quizzes** are included on the companion Evolve website.
* **Expanded math and drug calculation sections** in the workbook supplement the textbook with additional exercises for practice with math and dosage calculations. *Available separately.*
The second edition of **Pharmacology: Principles and Applications** is a thorough, comprehensive pharmacology text that is well suited for health professions students as a result of its extensive content and effective use of review questions, exercises, color, icons, and graphics to engage students for optimal learning. The text is divided in such a manner that health professions faculty can easily determine which sections of the text should be emphasized in a specific discipline.
Journal of Pharmacy Technology November/December 2008
Great EBook Deal
This is a great price for the book in electronic format. I paid more through Google books, and was only given single page by page view access only and they didn’t advertise it as that. So not cool.
Wish I would have found this sooner..
Thanks again this is awesome and is a great deal!!!!!
Suspicious price, Trustworthy content
After not being able to find the book for free ANYWHERE I had to result to purchasing online. The price for the online book on this website was cheaper than any others, and I was suspicious I would be scammed because of that. I decided to trust the reviews and purchased. Got the download I was promised in full! Thank you for not breaking the bank for this college student <3
GREAT BOOK -- GREAT SERVICE
THANK YOU. Upon cursory examination, I am thrilled with the book. You people are great. Now I don’t have to type out everything — and it is very readable. I am so glad I cancelled my other order — book was very costly — and was going to take 3 weeks to get. Yet here you are, and you gave it to me quickly, conveniently — “right now!” WOW. I will certainly remember you. Thank you so much.
It Does Really Work
I found this site and I was going to purchase the book when I saw the program to get it for free. I copy the link, email all my classmates on canvas, took a screen picture, and sent it to them, next morning I received the code and I applied to the cart and I got my pdf download. It’s real and the pdf is real and it works, all pages opened. Thank you so much!!!
I was skeptical because there were only 5 star reviews
But I got my textbook for $16 bucks. Put 4 stars so you could tell It was a real person making this lol.